The “TriHUMPf” Runs
TrailDawg supported Half-Marathon, 8 mile, or 4.5 mile races
Do you miss the old HUMP Run 50K+++? Come on out for this new but shorter event at the same bat time, same bat channel!
- WHO: Anybody who likes to run lots and lots of trails, interspersed with a little history
- WHAT: Join the Friends of Pa White Clay Preserve on a ½ Marathon trail run at Pa’s scenic White Clay Preserve with 4.5 and 8 mile shorter options. The course is a loop with an added loop to the TRI STATE Marker where Pennsylvania, Maryland and Delaware meet making it feasible to run in three states.
- WHEN: Saturday, May 18, 2013. Orientation at 7:45 AM ; race start at 8:00.
- WHERE: Start/finish is at the PA White Clay Preserve Office parking lot, at the intersections of London Tract, Sharpless and Southbank Roads in London Britain Township, several miles north of Newark, DE.
- WHY: Because if you're reading this, you're the sort of person who will truly enjoy a unique nature jaunt. The course is a loop with two cut-offs for lite versions of the run, and is mostly hilly single-track trail with one moderate stream crossings, and just a teensy bit of gnarly stuff to satisfy the trail-running purist. Its roughly measured the but it's 90% trail with something like 1600 ft. of aggregate vertical climb and has some great views including the Federally designated “Wild & Scenic Stream” of White Clay. This run is meant for moderately experienced trail runners, but anyone who wants to try and promises not to whine if they get tired and dirty is welcome. We will have snack/water refill stations. The course will be marked by tape, flags, spray chalk or some creative combination of the three. We hope to have maps and course instructions.
- COST: We're collecting $0, zero, zip, nada. . Additional donations to defray costs will be graciously accepted, with leftover monies donated to the non-profit PA White Clay Friends. All participants are encouraged to bring 1 gallon of water for aid stations or the post race festivities.
Registration: Opens on March 1, 2013 using Raceit.com and will be limited to 200 runners. Click here to register: https://www.raceit.com/Register/?event=19519
Schwag: Most likely some, plus an optional Friends of White Clay Preserve technical shirt may be purchased when registering.
Awards? Most likely! And we are planning to have a post race barbeque at the finish.
CONTACT Hunt Bartine; firstname.lastname@example.org 267-273-6885 Or check out: http://friendsofpawccp-org.doodlekit.com/home
This is an semi informal fun race, completely free. You participate strictly at your own risk, and are solely responsible for your own safety. You must complete and sign a WAIVER OF LIABILITY.
And, don't believe the course distances. This is a Hunt-designed™ TrailDawg race, after all!